Game Time: 7:00pm Gates Open: 6:00pm
Burgamy, CF; Harman, 2B; Thayer, LF; Slayden, RF; Marson, C; Blalock, DH; Donald, SS; Harris, 1B; Antoniato, 3B
Tonight's starting pitcher is Carpenter
Quench your Thirst
It's Thirsty Thursday where all drinks are 2 for 1.
Silver Sharks Club Meets Tonight
It's Silver Sharks Night. Seniors 55 and over receive 2 for 1 Senior Field Box tickets on Thursdays. That's 2 tickets for just $4.
Road Trip Recap
The bats came alive in Vero as the Threshers took three of four from the Devil Rays. The Threshers twice scored 12 runs in a game and at least three players had two hits or more in each game. Six players had multi-hit games yesterday.
Stars of the Trip
Hard to pick just one with everyone picking up so many hits. Who do you think had the best trip?
Jake Blalock - Had one game in which he had three hits including two home runs. His five hits in 16 at-bats was good for a .313 batting average. He had one other home run on the trip. This was his first home run as a Thresher since August 14, 2005.
Jason Donald - Had three multi-hit games. His seven hits in 15 at-bats was good for a .467 batting average.
Brad Harman - Had three multi-hit games. His six hits in 19 at-bats was good for a .316 batting average. He also hit his 10th home run of the year on the trip.
Lou Marson - Had two multi-hit games including one game with four hits. His six hits in 18 at-bats was good for a .333 batting average. He also hit is fifth and sixth home runs of the season on the trip.
Jeremy Slayden - Had two multi-hit games including one game with three hits. His six hits in 19 at-bats was good for a .316 batting average. He also had a grand slam on Tuesday which was his eleventh home run of the season.
Matt Thayer - Had three multi-hit games. His six hits in 13 at-bats was good for a .462 batting average.
Due to heavy rains in our region throughout the month, we are playing a doubleheader here against the Flying Tigers on Wednesday, August 15 and Friday, August 31. The third game is TBD. They are seven-inning games. Game 1 on August 15 and August 31 will now start at 5:00pm with Game 2 scheduled to start approximately 30 minutes after the completion of Game 1.
Pitch for Pink is Friday, August 10
Gates Open at Bright House Networks Field at a special time of 5:30pm. The first 2,500 women recieve a commemorative pink beach bag or pink baseball cap.
Get here early for the pre-game ceremony that includes a walk for breast cancer survivors. The lap is scheduled to start at 6:35pm. Survivors are to meet at the bottom of Section 102 at least 10 minutes prior to the start of the lap.
Raffles and Auctions
During the game, a silent auction will be held to auction off pink baseball bats autographed by players from the Philadelphia Phillies and Threshers, and pink jerseys worn by the players. Winning bidders will receive the jersey and a chance to meet the Threshers player who wore it during the game.
There will also be several other types of items offered in auctions and raffles throughout the night.
The raffles and auctions open at 5:30pm and will close just after the first pitch in the top of the sixth inning.
Launch-A-Ball will be at a special price of $2. There will also be 150 pink tennis balls in addition to our regular yellow tennis ball selection.
It's another St. Petersburg Times Family Friday on Friday, August 10. Check your local St. Petersburg Times for the coupon that gets you 4 Field Box seats, 4 hot dogs, 4 sodas, and 4 bags of chips for only $25!
Boom Boom Boom
Fireworks will light up the sky post-game on Saturday, August 11.
Plug in your Toaster
Sara Lee Bread Giveaways continue on Saturday, August 11. Be sure to get your Sara Lee coupon and free loaf on your way out of the ballpark.
Prepare to get Wet and Wacky
Wear Your Swimsuit on Sunday, August 12! Wet-N-Wacky Day features all types of water activities including a water slide, water balloons, water guns, water games, sprinklers, showers, misters, and more!
Kids 13 and Under receive a Box Seat at a special Wet-N-Wacky price of $1.
Bring the Family for just $25
As you've probably seen all over your TV, Sundays are Bright House Networks Family Days. You can choose between the $25 pack for 4 people or the $15 pack for just 2. The 4-pack includes 4 Premium Box Seats, 4 Hot Dogs, 4 Sodas, 4 bags of Cracker Jack, and 2 Game Programs.
Get to the Bookstore
There is a brand new book out about former Clearwater star Ryan Howard. It's written by Robert Merz and it's called, Ryan Howard: King of Swing. It's 120 pages and retails for just under $10. Click here to read the press release.
Thursday, August 09, 2007
Game Time: 7:00pm Gates Open: 6:00pm
- Now Hiring: Ticket Office Representatives
- 2008 Threshers Home Game Times Set
- Clearwater Threshers Named Baseball America's 2007 High Class A Team of the Year
- Clearwater Threshers Named MiLB.com's 2007 Class A Advanced Team of the Year
- Poll Recap: 2007 Threshers Starting Pitcher of the Year
- Poll Recap: 2007 Threshers Relief Pitcher of the Year
- Former Thresher Mike Zagurksi wins 2007 Paul Owens Award
- 2007 Clearwater Threshers – First Half in Review
- Five Threshers named to FSL West Division All-Star Team
- ► 2008 (82)
- Final Series of Regular Season Starts Tonight
- Final Shot against the Blue Jays Tonight
- Huge Game Tonight versus Blue Jays
- FIL Roster and Schedule Released
- Carpenter Throws Seven-Inning Perfect Game
- Lou Marson to play in Arizona Fall League
- Former Thresher Zagurski to Undergo Surgery Today
- Have you noticed any changes?
- Fan Appreciation Night Extended to Fan Appreciatio...
- Last Lil' Anglers Night of 2007
- Final Feeding Frenzy Tonight
- Enjoy Thirsty Thursday at the Ballpark
- Bonus Baseball Tonight
- Threshers Set for 2nd Annual Golf Tourney
- Andrew Carpenter featured in LA Times story
- Attention Five-O-Five Club Members
- Wrap Up Your Weekend with Wet-N-Wacky Day # 3
- Fireworks to Light up Clearwater Tonight
- Pitch for Pink Tonight
- Threshers Start Four Game Homestand Against the Cu...
- Jeff Crupper's 2007 Awards Moves On to Voting Phas...
- Ron Hill makes the Wilmington Star-News
- Slayden's Hot Bat
- Former Threshers lead Ottawa to Shutout
- Let the Dogs Out
- No Baseball in Tampa Tonight
- Injuries in Phillies Outfield Good News for Former...
- Spend your Lunch Hour with the Threshers
- ▼ August 2007 (28)