Game Time: 5:00pm (Game 1) Gates Open: 4:00pm
Kid's Giveaway Tonight
The first 500 Kids 13 and Under will get a Back to School Backpack as they enter the ballpark on Friday, August 31.
Tonight is the final St. Petersburg Times Family Friday of 2007.
The Clearwater Threshers came from behind to beat the Dunedin Blue Jays 7-3 thanks to sixth inning home runs from Jeremy Slayden (13) and Jake Blalock (5). Blalock went three for three on the night and was just a triple short of the cycle. Brian Burgamy added his seventh home run of the season in the seventh inning and Clay Harris hit his 10th home run of the year in the eighth inning. J.J. Trujillo (3-0) picked up the win in relief of Nate Johnson.
There will be plenty of giveaways at the ballpark on Saturday, September 1. Be sure to be one of the first 1,500 fans through the gates so that you receive the 2007 Clearwater Threshers Team Photo.
Boom Boom Boom
Fireworks will light up the sky post-game on Saturday, September 1.
Due to heavy rains in our region throughout the month of July and August, we are playing a doubleheader here against the Lakeland Flying Tigers on Friday, August 31 and Saturday, September 1. They are seven-inning games. Game 1 on both nights will now start at 5:00pm with Game 2 scheduled to start approximately 30 minutes after the completion of Game 1.
Prepare to get Wet-N-Wacky
Wear Your Swimsuit on Sunday, September 2! Wet-N-Wacky Day features all types of water activities including a water slide, water balloons, water guns, water games, sprinklers, showers, misters, and more!
Kids 13 and Under receive a Box Seat at a special Wet-N-Wacky price of $1.
Bring the Family for just $25
As you've probably seen all over your TV, Sundays are Bright House Networks Family Days. You can choose between the $25 pack for 4 people or the $15 pack for just 2. The 4-pack includes 4 Premium Box Seats, 4 Hot Dogs, 4 Sodas, 4 bags of Cracker Jack, and 2 Game Programs.
The Threshers are still chasing that elusive playoff berth and have it in sight. Win out, and Clearwater is in the playoffs!
The Threshers (40-25) and Dunedin Blue Jays (41-26) are tied atop the West Division. The Tampa Yankees (39-26) are just a half game behind.
Remaining Schedule (number of games left in parentheses)
Clearwater (5) - Lakeland comes in on Friday for five games in three days to close the regular season.
Dunedin (3) - They close with three home games against Ft. Myers.
Tampa (4) - They close their season with four games in three days at Sarasota.
The first round of the playoffs will pit the winner of the first half (Sarasota) with the winner of the second half. The second half winner will host Game One which is scheduled for Tuesday, September 4. Sarasota will host Game Two on Wednesday, September 5 and Game Three on Thursday, September 6 (if necessary).
Tickets for a potential playoff game on Tuesday, September 4 at Bright House Networks Field are on-sale now. If you do purchase a ticket and we do not make the playoffs, you will able to return your ticket for a credit. The deadline to return will be October 31, 2007.
Friday, August 31, 2007
Game Time: 5:00pm (Game 1) Gates Open: 4:00pm
- Now Hiring: Ticket Office Representatives
- 2008 Threshers Home Game Times Set
- Clearwater Threshers Named Baseball America's 2007 High Class A Team of the Year
- Clearwater Threshers Named MiLB.com's 2007 Class A Advanced Team of the Year
- Poll Recap: 2007 Threshers Starting Pitcher of the Year
- Poll Recap: 2007 Threshers Relief Pitcher of the Year
- Former Thresher Mike Zagurksi wins 2007 Paul Owens Award
- 2007 Clearwater Threshers – First Half in Review
- Five Threshers named to FSL West Division All-Star Team
- ► 2008 (82)
- Final Series of Regular Season Starts Tonight
- Final Shot against the Blue Jays Tonight
- Huge Game Tonight versus Blue Jays
- FIL Roster and Schedule Released
- Carpenter Throws Seven-Inning Perfect Game
- Lou Marson to play in Arizona Fall League
- Former Thresher Zagurski to Undergo Surgery Today
- Have you noticed any changes?
- Fan Appreciation Night Extended to Fan Appreciatio...
- Last Lil' Anglers Night of 2007
- Final Feeding Frenzy Tonight
- Enjoy Thirsty Thursday at the Ballpark
- Bonus Baseball Tonight
- Threshers Set for 2nd Annual Golf Tourney
- Andrew Carpenter featured in LA Times story
- Attention Five-O-Five Club Members
- Wrap Up Your Weekend with Wet-N-Wacky Day # 3
- Fireworks to Light up Clearwater Tonight
- Pitch for Pink Tonight
- Threshers Start Four Game Homestand Against the Cu...
- Jeff Crupper's 2007 Awards Moves On to Voting Phas...
- Ron Hill makes the Wilmington Star-News
- Slayden's Hot Bat
- Former Threshers lead Ottawa to Shutout
- Let the Dogs Out
- No Baseball in Tampa Tonight
- Injuries in Phillies Outfield Good News for Former...
- Spend your Lunch Hour with the Threshers
- ▼ August 2007 (28)