Game Time: 7:00pm Gates Open: 4:30pm
Tonight's starting pitcher is Andrew Cruse.
Got a buck? Get a hot dog.
Drop by Frenchy's Tiki Pavilion tonight and take advantage of some great drink specials. Ladies drink free from 5:00pm-6:00pm.
Road Trip Recap
The Threshers made a quick trip over the bridge to Tampa on Wednesday, August 22 and lost to the Yankees 8-4. Brad Harman, Jeremy Slayden, Matt Thayer, and PJ Antoniato each had two hits. Scott Mathieson made a rehab start and struck out two in two innings.
The Threshers went down the street to Dunedin and swept a doubleheader on Thursday, August 23. Brad Harman had three hits and five RBIs to lead the Threshers to a 12-7 win in Game One. Freddy Garcia made a rehab start and gave up just two hits in three innings. Game Two was much closer, with the Threshers winning by a score of 3-2. Brad Harman was two for two, while Jason Donald had two RBIs. John Suomi provided the rest of the offense with a solo home run (2).
The Threshers traveled back to Dunedin on Friday, August 24 and were beat 6-5 despite two home runs from Brian Burgamy (5) and a blast from Jason Donald (8). Lou Marson and Jake Blalock each also had two hits on the night.
Rain was an issue on the Threshers trip to Ft. Myers. The Threshers ended up playing one game on Sunday and two on Monday. The Threshers lost on Sunday, August 26 by a score of 3-1 despite Zac Stott's four strikeouts in five innings and Jeremy Slayden's RBI double.
The Threshers swept the Miracle in a doubleheader on Monday, August 27. Matt Thayer and Brian Burgamy provided the offense to lead the Threshers to a 9-2 win. Thayer was three for four with two runs scored while Burgamy was two for four and hit his sixth home run of the year. He also had three RBIs in the game. Andrew Carpenter picked up his record-breaking 16th win in Game Two by throwing a seven-inning perfect game. He struck out seven. Brad Harman provided all the offense with an RBI double and his 12th HR of the year.
Quench your Thirst
Tomorrow is our last Thirsty Thursday of 2007. Thirsty Thursday, where all drinks are 2 for 1.
Silver Sharks Club Meets Tomorrow
Tomorrow is the last Silver Sharks Night of the 2007 season. Seniors 55 and over receive 2 for 1 Senior Field Box tickets on Thursdays. That's 2 tickets for just $4.
Special Thursday Giveaway
Bright House Networks is sponsoring the Threshers replica jersey giveaway on Thursday, August 30. The first 1,500 fans through the gates will get this great item!
Due to heavy rains in our region throughout the month of July and August, we are playing a doubleheader here against the Lakeland Flying Tigers on Friday, August 31 and Saturday, September 1. They are seven-inning games. Game 1 on both nights will now start at 5:00pm with Game 2 scheduled to start approximately 30 minutes after the completion of Game 1.
The Threshers are still chasing that elusive playoff berth and have it in sight.
The Dunedin Blue Jays (41-24) stand atop the West Division. The Threshers (38-25) are two games back, while the Tampa Yankees (38-26) are just a half game behind the Threshers.
Remaining Schedule (number of games left in parentheses)
Clearwater (7) - The Threshers face Dunedin on Wednesday and Thursday. Lakeland comes in on Friday for five games in three days to close the regular season.
Dunedin (5) - See above. They close with three home games against Ft. Myers.
Tampa (6) - They travel to Lakeland on Wednesday and Thursday. They close their season with four games in three days at Sarasota.
The first round of the playoffs will pit the winner of the first half (Sarasota) with the winner of the second half. The second half winner will host Game One which is scheduled for Tuesday, September 4. Sarasota will host Game Two on Wednesday, September 5 and Game Three on Thursday, September 6 (if necessary).
Wednesday, August 29, 2007
Game Time: 7:00pm Gates Open: 4:30pm
- Now Hiring: Ticket Office Representatives
- 2008 Threshers Home Game Times Set
- Clearwater Threshers Named Baseball America's 2007 High Class A Team of the Year
- Clearwater Threshers Named MiLB.com's 2007 Class A Advanced Team of the Year
- Poll Recap: 2007 Threshers Starting Pitcher of the Year
- Poll Recap: 2007 Threshers Relief Pitcher of the Year
- Former Thresher Mike Zagurksi wins 2007 Paul Owens Award
- 2007 Clearwater Threshers – First Half in Review
- Five Threshers named to FSL West Division All-Star Team
- ► 2008 (82)
- Final Series of Regular Season Starts Tonight
- Final Shot against the Blue Jays Tonight
- Huge Game Tonight versus Blue Jays
- FIL Roster and Schedule Released
- Carpenter Throws Seven-Inning Perfect Game
- Lou Marson to play in Arizona Fall League
- Former Thresher Zagurski to Undergo Surgery Today
- Have you noticed any changes?
- Fan Appreciation Night Extended to Fan Appreciatio...
- Last Lil' Anglers Night of 2007
- Final Feeding Frenzy Tonight
- Enjoy Thirsty Thursday at the Ballpark
- Bonus Baseball Tonight
- Threshers Set for 2nd Annual Golf Tourney
- Andrew Carpenter featured in LA Times story
- Attention Five-O-Five Club Members
- Wrap Up Your Weekend with Wet-N-Wacky Day # 3
- Fireworks to Light up Clearwater Tonight
- Pitch for Pink Tonight
- Threshers Start Four Game Homestand Against the Cu...
- Jeff Crupper's 2007 Awards Moves On to Voting Phas...
- Ron Hill makes the Wilmington Star-News
- Slayden's Hot Bat
- Former Threshers lead Ottawa to Shutout
- Let the Dogs Out
- No Baseball in Tampa Tonight
- Injuries in Phillies Outfield Good News for Former...
- Spend your Lunch Hour with the Threshers
- ▼ August 2007 (28)