Game Time: 7:00pm Gates Open: 6:00pm
Tonight's starting pitcher is Nate Johnson.
Quench your Thirst
Tonight is our last Thirsty Thursday of 2007. Thirsty Thursday, where all drinks are 2 for 1.
Silver Sharks Club Meets Tonight
Tonight is the last Silver Sharks Night of the 2007 season. Seniors 55 and over receive 2 for 1 Senior Field Box tickets on Thursdays. That's 2 tickets for just $4.
Special Thursday Giveaway
Bright House Networks is sponsoring the Threshers replica jersey giveaway on Thursday, August 30. The first 1,500 fans through the gates will get this great item!
Clearwater's three-run third inning was just enough to beat Dunedin on Wednesday. The final score was 4-2. The game started at 9:30pm after a two and a half hour rain delay. Andrew Cruse (4-2) picked up the win after giving up three hits and one run in seven innings. He also struck out six. Jason Donald and John Urick both had two hits, including a double (20,14).
Grounds Crew Honored
The winners of the 2007 Florida State League Sports Turf Awards were announced by the Florida State League office on Wednesday, August 29. The Clearwater Threshers won the best overall award for the fourth year in a row. In addition, Opie Cheek was named Florida State League Sports Turf Manager of the Year for the fourth year in a row. Bright House Networks Field placed first in all eleven categories. The awards are given out based on a survey of Field Managers, Pitching Coaches and Umpires.
Due to heavy rains in our region throughout the month of July and August, we are playing a doubleheader here against the Lakeland Flying Tigers on Friday, August 31 and Saturday, September 1. They are seven-inning games. Game 1 on both nights will now start at 5:00pm with Game 2 scheduled to start approximately 30 minutes after the completion of Game 1.
The Threshers are still chasing that elusive playoff berth and have it in sight.
The Dunedin Blue Jays (41-25) stand atop the West Division. The Threshers (39-25) are one game back, while the Tampa Yankees (39-26) are just a half game behind the Threshers.
Remaining Schedule (number of games left in parentheses)
Clearwater (6) - The Threshers face Dunedin tonight. Lakeland comes in on Friday for five games in three days to close the regular season.
Dunedin (4) - See above. They close with three home games against Ft. Myers.
Tampa (5) - They travel to Lakeland tonight. They close their season with four games in three days at Sarasota.
The first round of the playoffs will pit the winner of the first half (Sarasota) with the winner of the second half. The second half winner will host Game One which is scheduled for Tuesday, September 4. Sarasota will host Game Two on Wednesday, September 5 and Game Three on Thursday, September 6 (if necessary).
Tickets for a potential playoff game on Tuesday, September 4 at Bright House Networks Field are on-sale now. If you do purchase a ticket and we do not make the playoffs, you will able to return your ticket for a credit. The deadline to return will be October 31, 2007.
Thursday, August 30, 2007
Game Time: 7:00pm Gates Open: 6:00pm
- Now Hiring: Ticket Office Representatives
- 2008 Threshers Home Game Times Set
- Clearwater Threshers Named Baseball America's 2007 High Class A Team of the Year
- Clearwater Threshers Named MiLB.com's 2007 Class A Advanced Team of the Year
- Poll Recap: 2007 Threshers Starting Pitcher of the Year
- Poll Recap: 2007 Threshers Relief Pitcher of the Year
- Former Thresher Mike Zagurksi wins 2007 Paul Owens Award
- 2007 Clearwater Threshers – First Half in Review
- Five Threshers named to FSL West Division All-Star Team
- ► 2008 (82)
- Final Series of Regular Season Starts Tonight
- Final Shot against the Blue Jays Tonight
- Huge Game Tonight versus Blue Jays
- FIL Roster and Schedule Released
- Carpenter Throws Seven-Inning Perfect Game
- Lou Marson to play in Arizona Fall League
- Former Thresher Zagurski to Undergo Surgery Today
- Have you noticed any changes?
- Fan Appreciation Night Extended to Fan Appreciatio...
- Last Lil' Anglers Night of 2007
- Final Feeding Frenzy Tonight
- Enjoy Thirsty Thursday at the Ballpark
- Bonus Baseball Tonight
- Threshers Set for 2nd Annual Golf Tourney
- Andrew Carpenter featured in LA Times story
- Attention Five-O-Five Club Members
- Wrap Up Your Weekend with Wet-N-Wacky Day # 3
- Fireworks to Light up Clearwater Tonight
- Pitch for Pink Tonight
- Threshers Start Four Game Homestand Against the Cu...
- Jeff Crupper's 2007 Awards Moves On to Voting Phas...
- Ron Hill makes the Wilmington Star-News
- Slayden's Hot Bat
- Former Threshers lead Ottawa to Shutout
- Let the Dogs Out
- No Baseball in Tampa Tonight
- Injuries in Phillies Outfield Good News for Former...
- Spend your Lunch Hour with the Threshers
- ▼ August 2007 (28)