Game Time: 7:00pm Gates Open: 6:00pm
Burgamy, CF; Harman, 2B; Werth, LF; Slayden, RF; Marson, C; Blalock, DH; Donald, SS; Harris, 1B; Made, 3B
Tonight's starting pitcher is Stott.
Quench your Thirst
It's Thirsty Thursday where all drinks are 2 for 1.
Silver Sharks Club Meets Tonight
It's Silver Sharks Night. Seniors 55 and over receive 2 for 1 Senior Field Box tickets on Thursdays. That's 2 tickets for just $4.
Plug in your Toaster
Sara Lee Bread Giveaways start up tonight. Be sure to get your Sara Lee coupon and free loaf on your way out of the ballpark. Sara Lee Bread Giveaways are also coming up on August 4 and August 11
Road Trip Recap
The Threshers went 0-1 at Dunedin. Sunday's game was rained out and will be made up on August 23. John Urick hit his seventh home run, while Greg Golson his his 11th on Saturday (7/21).
The Threshers went 2-1 at Tampa. Golson went four for five on Monday (7/23) and Tuesday (7/24). He also picked up home run number twelve on Tuesday. Other home run hitters over in Tampa include Lou Marson (4) and Jason Donald (5). Marson and Jeremy Slayden each had two-hit games, while Hector Made had two hits on Monday and Wednesday (7/25). Jayson Werth went hitless in three at-bats in his first rehab appearance on Wednesday. Meanwhile, on the mound, Brett Myers continued his rehab with two starts in Tampa. He struck four in 2.1 innings. Josh Outman and Andrew Carpenter continued their winning ways while Alex Concepcion picked up his first loss as a Thresher.
Moving On Up
Greg Golson was promoted to Reading yesterday (July 25). Lakewood Blueclaws' pitcher Andrew Cruse has left Lakewood and joined the Threshers to fill the roster spot. In addition, Jayson Werth has joined the Threshers as part of his rehab assignment.
Updated at 1:00pm: Josh Outman has been promoted to Reading. Check the Official Site later for the release. Also, Brett Myers is no longer on the Threshers roster.
Andrew Cruse joins the Threshers after a season-long stint with Lakewood. He was a ninth-round pick of the Phillies in the 2006 draft after playing at the University of South Carolina. He made his pro debut with Batavia and was a NY-Penn League All-Star in 2006. He primarily came out of the bullpen this season, but did start nine games this season, including his last 6 appearances. He likely will be the newest member of the Threshers starting rotation.
Updated 2:35pm: Cruse is scheduled to make his first start for the Threshers on Saturday, July 28.
Another Pitcher Honored
Andrew Carpenter was given the Phillies Minor League Pitcher of the Week Award for July 16-22 after striking out 10 and only giving up three hits in a complete-game shutout of Dunedin on July 19.
The Chase Utley bobblehead, sponsored by the St. Petersburg Times, is the last of the 2007 Bobblehead Series. It is scheduled to be given away on Friday, July 27.
It's another St. Petersburg Times Family Friday on Friday, July 27. Check your local St. Petersburg Times for the coupon that gets you 4 Field Box seats, 4 hot dogs, 4 sodas, and 4 bags of chips for only $25!
Boom Boom Boom
Fireworks will light up the sky post-game on Saturday, July 28.
Vrrrm Vrrrm Vrrrm
Motorcycle Night returns to Bright House Networks Field on Saturday, July 28. Ride your motorcycle to the game and take part in the Pre-Game Lap around the Field at 6:00pm and during the National Anthem. Participants receive a voucher for one free draft beer (post-lap), a free ticket, free parking, and drink specials at the Frenchy's Tiki Pavilion. Participants should check in with Dan McDonough near the fountain at the West Gate upon arrival to the ballpark.
There will also be a motorcycle show contest judged by Full Throttle Magazine. The contest is FREE to enter. First prize is $500. Second Prize is $250. Third Prize is $100
Register to Win
Fans can register at the booth behind home plate to win a Harley Davidson Dyna Family motorcycle courtesy of Fletcher's Harley Davidson. A name will be drawn if a Threshers player hits for the cycle. Also, motorcycle-related prizes will be given away between innings.
Thursday, July 26, 2007
Game Time: 7:00pm Gates Open: 6:00pm
- Now Hiring: Ticket Office Representatives
- 2008 Threshers Home Game Times Set
- Clearwater Threshers Named Baseball America's 2007 High Class A Team of the Year
- Clearwater Threshers Named MiLB.com's 2007 Class A Advanced Team of the Year
- Poll Recap: 2007 Threshers Starting Pitcher of the Year
- Poll Recap: 2007 Threshers Relief Pitcher of the Year
- Former Thresher Mike Zagurksi wins 2007 Paul Owens Award
- 2007 Clearwater Threshers – First Half in Review
- Five Threshers named to FSL West Division All-Star Team
- ► 2008 (82)
- Jeff Crupper's 2007 Clearwater Threshers Awards
- Former Threshers in the News: Kyle Kendrick
- Threshers Hit the Road for 4 games in 2 Days
- Gear up for Motorcycle Night
- Get Your Utley Bobblehead Tonight!
- Threshers Return Home Tonight Minus Golson and Out...
- Golson Promoted to Reading
- Outman becomes second 10-game winner
- Former Clearwater star Ryan Howard named NL Player...
- Welcome Back Football
- Phillies Top Pick Savery Signs
- The Dunedin Blue Jays return to Bright House Netwo...
- Noon Game Concludes Series with Mets
- Jake Blalock returns to the Threshers
- Series versus Mets continues tonight
- Game Two vs. St. Lucie Mets Tonight at 7pm
- Former Thresher update: Michael Zagurski
- Tom Gordon has left Clearwater
- Get your Clearwater Threshers team sets now!
- Carpenter gets 10th win
- Reminder: Sunday, July 15 game starts at 4:00pm
- It's HOT in July
- Former Thresher Cole Hamels pitches one inning in ...
- Greg Spires will be here on July 20
- Only Three Fireworks Shows left in 2007
- Tom Gordon continues his rehab with the Threshers
- Matt Thayer returns to Threshers lineup
- Phillies reliever Tom Gordon rehabs with Threshers...
- Former Thresher Cole Hamels picks up 10th win
- Josh Outman named Phillies Minor League Pitcher of...
- Were you a part of the largest crowd in Clearwater...
- Former Thresher Hamels named to NL All-Star Team
- Happ loses Major League debut
- ▼ July 2007 (33)