Friday, February 23, 2007

Former Thresher Joe Bisenius the focus of an article in the CourierPost

Michael Radano has the story:

Bisenius has caught the eye of Phillies management and while he's a long shot to make the big club's roster out of spring training, he's seen as the quality type arm who could nicely fill out a bullpen that has been the focus of some concern over the winter.


"Obviously I'd like to make the team out of spring training but I have to be realistic," said Bisenius, who had a combined ERA of 2.25 with Clearwater (High A) and Reading (AA) last season. "There are only so many slots. I have to go out and impress these guys every day. I have to force them to make a decision. When they go into their meetings, I want them to change their opinions. I just have to go out and pitch and prove myself."


Catch the whole story here.

Updated 2/24 at 11:20am: The Associated Press has a story about Bisenius making the rounds. You can find it at MyrtleBeachOnline.com among other places.

Updated 2/24 at 2:00pm: Dennis Deitch has a pretty long story in the the Delaware County Times about Bisenius. Check it out here.

No comments: