Saturday, August 19, 2006

Reaction from other outlets about the no-hitter

From the Philadelphia Daily News

It was the second no-hitter in the Phillies' organization this week. Lakewood's Carlos Carrasco and Andrew Barb combined on a no-hitter on Sunday against Lexington in the Class A South Atlantic League.


From MiLB.com
"I was so happy and I said, 'Thank you, God, thank you," De La Cruz said of his reaction after Janish lined out to end the game. "This was the best moment. I was just so happy, I have never felt like this before."

With a five-run lead and the crowd behind him, De La Cruz went out in the ninth and completed his historic performance.

"The fans were yelling and screaming when I came out (in the ninth), and after each strike they were standing and screaming," he said. "And after the last out, it was the loudest crowd I've ever heard."


If you see anything else, please post a comment with the link. If I see more, I'll update this post.

No comments: